How I Stay Organized: Planner and Mobile App

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Hi everyone!!

I am back again with another post this time on my 2015 organization! I am so exited to share how I have been staying organized so far this year and how I keep planning to stay organized.  Let's get started!

If you're following my Twitter account you know that at the very beginning of January I ordered a Kikki K planner! Well if came in the mail a couple of weeks ago and I thought I'd show you all how I plan to use it.

Packaging and Planner Itself:

So as you can see above the planner came in a pretty white and pink box (sorry couldn't show you all the top of the box since it had my personal information) and inside there were some things to protect the planner during its travels across the world. For those who do not know Kikki K is a swedish stationary company that is based out of Australia. I ordered the Leather Personal Planner in Lilac for $55.97 + $9.95 for shipping. Originally the planner costs $79.95 so I snatched it up while it was on sale (a few days after I placed my order it was discounted again to $39.98 - to say the least I was upset).

                       The planner itself comes in a lilac box with a pretty white and gold slip. Here are some details about the planner:
Inside of the Planner:



 The first thing you see when you open up my planner is a I'm Unique card (came with planner) on my dashboard for a bit of inspiration. On the left side of the planner are three business card pockets, a secretarial pocket, a zipper pocket (which I keep paper clips in), and another large pocket. I have organized my tabs in this order: Calendar, Meetings, Inspiration, Planning, Expenses, Weekly. Here's a closer look:

I'm going to be showing you what I keep in each tab, starting with my calendar tab:

 The pages that I use for my months come with the Kikki K personal planner and the best part is that they come undated. As you can see above I have entered the month of January and crossed out the dates that have already passed with a diagnal line. This helps me find my place easier when I open up to see what I have to do in a month. Usually I add things like blog posts, Youtube videos, appointments, homework assignments (once I start school), laundry, etc. to my months.
In the notes section of my months I've decided to put quotes that'll help keep me motivated as the year progresses. This year I'm really big into doing what I want and fulfilling dreams that I want and this is one way to keep me going (want a post on what else I'm doing to stay motivated? Comment below!). The quote for January-"Put you ear down close to your soul and listen hard."- is one of my favorites by one of my favorite poets: Anne Sexton. I chose this quote because since it is the beginning of the year I want to make sure I know what I want to accomplish and this just reminds me to take some time to figure that out.

I'm going to skip my meeting tab since as of right now I have no use for it. In my inspiration tab I plan to use it to write down any lists, novel/ short story ideas, Youtube video ideas, and blog posts ideas. This is basically going to be a tab where I write anything that interests me. I also plan on adding in some collages and what not! Once I've used this tab I'll update you all on how it looks.

Next is my planning tab:
 This page is where I plan my YouTube videos. I make a list and add boxes that I x-out once I've accomplished certain things (recorded,edited,uploaded). This is only a list of things I want to get done in no specific order. Once a video is completely edited I add it to my monthly calender, where I schedule it for upload. After that's done and it is uploaded I come back and x-out the uploaded box.
I also have a blog post page in my planning tab. This is basically the same concept as my YouTube page except there are only two boxes per blog post(written and uploaded) and I also put the date I plan to upload right on this page.








After that tab is my expenses tab:
The only thing under this tab at the moment are lists of things I need to purchase and things I want to purchase. The concept behind this is that I always will have my list of purchases I have to make and if I ever have extra money I can purchase things I truly want.
Last but not least is my weekly tab:
So far all of the pages in my planner that you have seen were included with the Kikki K leather personal planner. The pages that are in my weekly tab I purchased off of Amazon because the leather personal planner does not come with weekly pages. The pages I bought at a week on two pages that I plan to use for writing down assignments once school starts. Kikki K also sells these types of pages, but I just purchased them off of Amazon because they were cheaper.
Mobile App:
If I wake up one morning and I realize that I have a lot of things to do and I don't want to write them down in my planner I use an app called Any.DO, which I got off of the Apple App Store. Here is how I use the app:
I keep the app at the bottom of my screen between my music and my phone because it is easy access.
This is how the app looks inside:
Once I finish a task I just cross it out and hit the little x that appears:
If I realize I  need to add a task I do it very easily:
And lastly if something isn't going to get done I move it to the next day!:
And that's it! That's how I plan to stay organized in 2015! I highly recommend this app and this planner. I've only been using them for a couple of weeks and they have made my life a whole lot better. Comments? Questions? Concerns?  Feel free to leave them below!!
                                                                                                                            -xoxo Wanda






1 comment:

  1. This looks so cute and it makes me wanna get organized! haha love it!

    ReplyDelete